1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Sep 9, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    I cant help but feel that most of the members here dont know about PriusChat.com's Chat room. after sitting here for hours now for several days and other than a few people, no one has stopped in...

makes me think that the Chatroom has not been advertised sufficiently for it to be known...

frequently i play "forum tag" with several members when a chat might have saved a lot of time... of course, i realize that chats are not saved and therefore its benefits are lost to the rest of the members.

Thanks to Danny and Tony for stopping in.

Danny, maybe a link at the top of the page might be appropriate?

2. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
  3. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Hot damn! PriusCHAT.com has a chat room??? Who'da thunk it? Maybe we should rename it to Priusboards.com... 8)

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I suspect that most visitors like the dynamics of the forum and don't want to chat with people they don't know. Kids love to chat, grown-ups generally don't.

5. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hm, maybe if the chat room was a link under the board navigation menu, people would know about it or go in more often. I almost never go into the forum link (just use view posts since last visit). I had no idea there was a chat room :).

6. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There's a chat room? Didn't know that! Thanks for the tip!

(Of course I'm new, so I have an excuse)

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A few months ago I was just testing it, then no one ever asked for a Chatroom again, so that's why it was never added to the "Live" site.

I'll add it as soon as I get a chance to the links under Board Navigation.

8. jchu

jchu New Member

Finally figured out what that statement at the bottom of the chat room meant and why I wasn't getting anywhere. Before that couldn't get the chatroom to work as I've tried to keep my internet interactions on Firefox. (starting to get brave enough to look at Linux as well)

9. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We've got a chatroom?!?! Geez, now you tell us! LOL! Gonna have to check it out tomorrow since I'm not going to be home tonight til midnight and will be too tired by then (and likely nobody will still be up anyway).

Ok, now I have to leave for work....

10. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I used the chat room on the last PC before Danny did the upgrade and as my old eyes like the screen at 640-480 and yes I wear out mice scrolling I found it less than useful for me. I'd probably use it but it's not my main "like" of the PC forum.

11. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The primary reason of why I do not use it, is that my primary time spent on this site, is while I'm at work. Pulling up a chatroom would cross a very fine line here on what is considered "acceptable" internet useage. The reason is that I can come to, and turn away from the forums as my workload allows. Chatrooms tend to take over one's attention. Since my "free" time is divided up between the animals, housework, yardwork, the motorcycle, and now also working on another old MB diesel, well, there just isn't a whole lot of time left for playing online.

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well my chatroom usage will be strictly home based, although i have the power to open up the port at work, i must justify my needs and any ports with outside access are very tightly controlled and there is no way it will be smiled upon.

13. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I only use chatrooms when I'm home since they do suck you into them, and before you know it it's midnight. But forums can be checked into and out of at a moment's notice while at work or home.

14. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If I'm chatting with you Starbug, then it is 3 AM :)

15. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We have a chat room?! Well I will be dammed. I have been on BB so long (since the Apple group on CompuServe) I don't grok chat rooms. My son who went to school out of town used them extensively because all of his friends from school were scattered all over the south sound (Southern part of Puget Sound) and I like the rest of the parents objected to the extended long distance call. Thank god he was a boy, I can imagine what the parents who had daughters had to put up with. My older daughter went to school locally, she and my wife would come to blows (well almost) over the phone. I will endeavor to experment.

16. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The problem is that it apparently uses I.E. only. Then you get this ridiculous pop up stating that they want to put a applet that Microsoft "certifies as safe" now there is a major yuck. I don't have a copy of I.E. do they still give it away? I thought they did not support it for OS X anylonger.

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i dont use IE... i use mozilla

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think, yes I have that one, OK I am a geek. I have 4 browsers, just not I.E. it is a religious thing. I do not work well with the great satin, except at work where I am forced to. I did crash the computer, twice. I keep telling them to move to UNIX. Nobody listens to me.

19. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i use IE at work only because i have to but there its so locked down, cant do much harm... cant do much of anything

20. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    chat rooms are for the good and quick typers...I am the retarded typer.. so I'll stay in this mode of chat... at least until the mic replaces the typing... :oops:

Bob