1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did you lease your Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SteveMPotter, May 24, 2007.

1. SteveMPotter

SteveMPotter New Member

I'm about to lease one, and am looking for info about how that goes, and what kind of payments to bargain for. I have not leased a car before.

I have found it hard to search for posts about leasing because that word is in "please" which is all over the site.
    I couldn't find any info on current leases in the Dealers and Pricing forum, but if I missed it, please point me to it! :blink:

Thanks!
    Steve

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Steve Potter @ May 24 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]448908[/snapback]</div>
    I leased mine, mine is a 2007 magnetic gray package #2. Leasing is more complicated to understand, but there are many benefits to a lease. The important numbers you are looking for though.
    I put $500 cash down and traded a 1991 Explorer (they gave me $1500 for the trade)
    and my payments with the tax in are $285 month through Toyota Credit.
    The deal is for 36 months, and when I decide to buy my Prius after the term is over the Residual price (price to buy after the lease) is locked at $12,900.

I was able to go after a deal that was advertised from Toyota back in March that was for $259 a month before the taxes, that also wanted $2000 down.
    I had to negotiate hard because they didn't really want the Explorer (they most likely took a loss on it)