1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Didn't appreciate twitter until today

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Dec 1, 2012.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    A clumsy click, I hit "Home" instead of "Mark Forums Read" but this time scrolled down under the four splash photos. There were the recent posts in text but near the bottom I found a summary of the Twitter postings and realized Twitter's value-added contribution.

Twitter allows 'hit-and-run' Prius-skeptics a great place to leave their dreck and move on. I soon realized why we are not seeing so many one-time, nonsense posts like:
    • Prius are ugly
    • Prius owners are stupid
    • Prius are <insult d'jour>
    So the anti-Prius parrots now have a place to post whatever badly formed, topic sentence, they want. They get their moment of 'fame' which rapidly fades into the twitter version of the 2nd Law of Thermal Dynamics . . . buried by the next twit.

As an older guy, it is easy to fall into the trap of blaming the younger generation. But in my youth the same 'in the instant' mentality existed in high school and Marine days. I too have had fallen for 'live for the moment and hang the consequences' and gotten traffic tickets. Thankfully Twitter appears to effectively filter PriusChat from the instant gratification noise.

Bob Wilson

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess I'm going to have to figure out the whole Twitter thing one of these days. Frankly.....I'm not sure that I have enough free time for it!
    As an older guy myself I don't as much fall into the trap of blaming the younger generation for this or that but rather I find myself hoping that the younger generation doesn't hold us in deep contempt for some of the things that WE'RE doing now!
    ....speaking of "living in the moment"... :eek: