1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Didn't fill up completely

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by cmstlist, Oct 12, 2012.

1. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am driving from Vancouver BC to Seattle, and I stopped at the Bellingham Costco for gas. My tank was at two notches and the pump stopped after 3 gallons. I tried again and it stopped again - a bit of fuel dribbled onto the ground.

I started the car and was at 5 notches out of 10.

I will try to fill again on my way home, but this hasn't happened before and it wasn't happening to the other cars in front of me. Should I be concerned?

Galaxy Nexus ? 2

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could be the pump, let us know how the next fill goes.

3. Andy Tau

Andy Tau atai

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    This may be related to the thread of the running out of gas on the freeway (E.B.) with wrong display of the gas volume in the tank (so E. B. did not know he was running out of gas)?

When I was filling up (San Jose, CA) last time (and the first time) the pump also stopped (as if the tank was filled) but I know that was not possible (only 3 gallons at the time) so I tried again and the pump resumed until filling about 7 gallons)

4. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I know that the reading before the fillup was relatively accurate because I'd just driven about 700 km since the last fill :)

Galaxy Nexus ? 2

5. winnertakesteve

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    something similar happened to me, too. i was at 2 bars and tried to fill up, and the pump stopped at a half tank. had a moment of paranoia that it'd overflow if i kept trying to pump, so i just took the half tank. tried filling again at a different station when my guage got down to two bars again, and didn't have any issue.

i read later that sometimes the if the fuel is being pumped too quickly it'll froth a little and trip the auto-stop mechanism or splash out a bit. never had it happen on any vehicles before though, so i do wonder if there is anything in the c's gas tank design that contributes to it happening? i'll keep an eye to see if it happens again, at any rate.