1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Die-cast 1/34 scale toy Prii w/ opening front doors and pull-back "motor"

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by rufaro, Aug 12, 2006.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello again to the Queen's old friends, and WELCOME to the new!

<div align="center">[​IMG][​IMG]</div>

I now have available for adoption:
    • 12 RED
    • 19 WHITE
    • 16 BLUE (yeah, ok, tideland pearl :rolleyes: )
    • 19 DRIFTWOOD PEARL (aka "champagne.")
    • 13 BLACK
    • 13 SILVER (no, that's it--not silver pine mica...just silver!)
    (List is being updated as the cars leave for new homes!)

Cars are 1/34 scale, 5" long x 2"W x 1.75H with pullback motor--ya know--ya hold 'em on the ground, pull back and let 'em go, and they crash into stuff (if you drive the way I do, anyway :eek: ). The 2 front doors open but nothing else...They are left hand drive...Near as we can tell, they are NOT 2006 model models, as it were: they have the dark top tail light instead of the '06 light light...oh heckfire...you know what I mean if it matters to you! :huh: (To clarify the situation, please see HERE to see pics of the back ends.

The price per WeePri is $10, plus $4.05 USPS Priority Mail shipping for up to 2 cars. More than two cars depends on your ZIP code, so please email me for details, but the maximum for shipping at a flat rate of $8.10 is 70 pounds...and THAT is an awful lot of WeePris! B) (The charges for Priority mail are HERE. The USPS Zone charts are HERE so you can find your zone as compared to mine.)

I ACCEPT PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL ONLY. If you do not already have a PayPal account, do not fear--I can simply issue you a PayPal invoice through your email address and you'll be on your way to joining the ranks of happy WeePriPeople!

And, so we can ALL feel touchy-feely good about this, $1/car is going into the always too thin coffers of PC.

So...if you are in the market for WeePri adoption, please EMAIL me at [email protected] with your delivery details--name and address (along with your PriusChat name, please!) This way, I will also have your email AND YOUR PC NAME, to facilitate communications. I will then invoice you through PayPal at your preferred email address, and ship as soon after I receive notification from PayPal as I can.

And apologies, but I am only shipping orders in the US. (Hyo_silver may be looking into the Canajian side of things.)

By the way, my PayPal id/email is NOT the same as the one posted here!

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you are looking for a bit of a giggle and not JUST toy cars...take a look HERE at the original WeePri thread... B)

3. zibudog

zibudog New Member

Oh My...what are us owners of the oft loved, but oft forgotten Silver Pine Mica Prii to do?????

I can't order a WeePri in a different color...there will be jealousy and loss of performance! Worse, the ShePri may put me out! Then what is a poor driver wannabe to do? Oh the misery!

Any news on colour updates??? I guess I could buy one and take it down to my auto body guy and have him paint in for me ;) Now THAT would be worth capturing on film :D

What Hacks are available for the WeePri models??? Can we get one that helps out the back door issue? Is there any data on the Avg MPG based on the length of the pull, rolling surface, wind speed, etc?

Just a geek who needs his data :eek:

4. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zibu @ Aug 19 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]305981[/snapback]</div>
    Ummm...oh dear....All I can do is refer you to the original thread for repainting and hack suggestions (quick clue...read the thread backwards for maximum amusement), and to reiterate the colors available (see above...and I DO feel your pain!).

5. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zibu @ Aug 19 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]305981[/snapback]</div>
    I put some of that data HERE post #277 and HERE post #282

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, I can see painting the silver one with a very thin, translucent glaze of light green to make it appear to be silver pine mica.

I can see doing the same thing to the red with a darker maroon to appear to be Barcelona (or is it Salsa?) the 2004-05 colors.

7. loopyloops

loopyloops New Member

Do these come in all current colors? I.e., the new Grey?

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loopyloops @ Aug 19 2006, 10:40 PM) [snapback]306148[/snapback]</div>
    No, sorry. Please see post #1 here.

9. loopyloops

loopyloops New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Aug 20 2006, 12:44 AM) [snapback]306150[/snapback]</div>
    Will there be in the future - want one anyway, but...?

10. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loopyloops @ Aug 19 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]306152[/snapback]</div>
    One can but hope. Or repaint. B)

11. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I thought I'd share my experience with the local PriusChat wee dealer.

First of all, the showroom floor was so small I couldn't even fit inside. I mean, it has to be at least.... 3 times as big to fit people inside right?

Then when I expressed an interest in a WeePri it was like I wasn't even on the same side of the continent with the salesperson... I wasn't offered any of the nice standard features, like paint protection, chromed wheels, floor matts, or leather interior.

And for some reason that I can't fathom, I didn't qualify for the 5 year financing of the (well over MSRP) purchase price... Not even 5 WeeYears which equates to about 53 real days.

Although I did get a prompt and courteous response in less than 1 WeeDay (which is about 21 minutes). Thanks Rufaro! :D

12. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Aug 21 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]306854[/snapback]</div>
    Darn that weepri finance manager...not offering good terms...hmmm...maybe he'd been out on a toot with the remaining weepri drivers, who, though still hungover, seem to be going after the "hair of the dog" cure (and boy...is that dog ever gettin' PISSED!) B)

As to over MSRP, well, you KNOW all cardealers are shifty... :p

And oh yeah, Ichabod...unless the earthquakes lately have been MUCH worse than I noticed...we ARE on DIFFERENT sides of the continent...I haven't lived in MA since '92! ;)

And while we don't offer any optional (or even "non-optional" for that matter) packages, there are, as always MODS to be done ("courtesy" of hyo_silver, who just might as well have put a stake through my heart after the shot it with a silver bullet :eek: ):

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div><div align="center">
    [​IMG][​IMG]</div><div align="center">[​IMG] </div>

(See Hyo's Prius Convertible thread HERE.)

(Thanks Hyo...no REALLY!)

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Who knew going topless would be so controversial? I thought every city had a nude beach. Good thing I only got one WeePri. I'm not even going to mention the Prius pickup. :)

14. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Aug 21 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]306917[/snapback]</div>
    But Hyo...you are a married man with children...How could you POSSIBLY know about a Prius pickup? B)

15. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius pickup! Good one, Rufaro! Hey, I'm just driving around, minding my own business. The car sells itself, and there's a waiting list. What can I say? Like I said, I'm not going to mention it. Or the limousine. :)

16. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Aug 21 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]307074[/snapback]</div>
    To quote Galaxee: "GAH!!!"

17. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please see post one in this thread for current availability, etc. I got too confused trying to keep more than one list current...

18. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Aug 21 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]306917[/snapback]</div>
    All you need now is a wee bumper sticker that says, You should see me when I'm topless. :p

19. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Rufaro,

Based on what you've sold so far, can you anticipate now that you'll be ordering another shipment of cars that would be available for people to buy in time for Christmas, e.g., in the period Oct. 15-Dec. 1? Or too soon to tell?

Maybe you could solder little hooks to their roofs and market them as Xmas tree ornaments.
    Kinda heavy, though.

Wouldn't a tree full of different-colored Priuses look cool?

Maybe you could cut holes in the plastic underpan and install a string of lights, with a bulb (the old-fashioned, larger, screw-in kind) in each car. Blinking, maybe? Sell a string of, say, 12 for $75 or so?

Bet you could sell at least one string to Toyota N.A. in Torrance---

Hire a marketing brain like mine and you'll be rich in no time! Or bankrupt! One of those!

20. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was planning to add the WeeWeePri (Tomy 1/87) to our tree this year, along with all the Lego people, ReBoot characters, and Star Trek space ships. (Why should the kids have all the fun? :D ) But I never thought of WeePri christmas lights! Good idea, Jack!