1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Difference between Toyota Website and Dealer

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by aljorma, Apr 18, 2008.

1. aljorma

aljorma New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi

I'm working with a dealer in Mass. (Lexington Toyota). I chose my Prius type on the Toyota website. I want a Touring with Option A.
    Now the dealer tells me they only send Tourings into my area with Packages 2 and 6. I can't find any reference to packages for the Touring just Options A B C.

Can someone explain.

2. Austin50mpg

Austin50mpg Prius Driving Right Winger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Toyota Prius - 2008 Options and Packages

After going to the Toyota web site use the zip code of where your dealer is located then build your Prius. This should tell you what is available in your dealer's area.

In TX I couldn't get some of the options and packages available to other regions in the US.

I placed 02420 zip code in the build a Prius part of Toyota web site.

You have a choice of options A B C which are packages 2, 3, and 6 respectfully. Must be a law in how they can sell the cars in MA. If you just want package 2 then tell them option A....

3. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    A lot of the problems ordering and getting what you want is that Toyota has a horrible delivery system, you aren't getting your vehicle directly from Toyota to the dealership, you are having to go through a Middle Man Dealership, a "Port". The Port decides what models, what options, and even installs profit options themselves, before a dealership even gets a car, so dealerships have to go with what the "Port" decides, not what Toyota offers.

4. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Does anyone know how many "ports" there are in the US, I have heard of the Gulf State port, but I didn't know which port would be involved with Evansville, Indiana.

5. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  6. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
  7. KAR IDEA

KAR IDEA Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I had used the Toyota Website as well to put together a nice Barcelona Red Touring edition with the HI Pkg. Unfortunately for me, it was pretty much impossible for the dealer I was using in NY to get one. I thought that it was pretty unfair for the dealerships to have such difficulty, especially since it affects their customer service. It also trickled down to me as a customer because the original trade in price they quoted me suffered because I waited and waited, thinking all the while that they would find it. They did find a few of them in the midwest, but then wanted to charge me to flatbed it to NY. I was willing to pay for it, but then the dealer moved to slow and the car was sold, or the other dealer didn't want to let it go. I lost about $2000 on my trade in's value, because I waited so long (about 3 and 1/2 months). The dealer felt bad and gave me $500 off the MSRP of the Prius I ended up taking. If I knew then what I know now...hmmmm. It's also pretty subversive of Toyota to actually use pictures of the Barcelona Red Touring Edition in all their print advertising. Here's this great looking car and NO you can't have it if you live in NY. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

S'Okay now though, I'm over it...and I have fallen in love with my Silver Touring.