1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Differences between a package II and III?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tarusse1, Dec 5, 2009.

1. tarusse1

tarusse1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am looking at a II, and have looked at a III, also I have looked at an Insight EX. I really think the Prius is a better car, much quieter, better ride, and what seems to be better materials. I am somewhat limited on what I can spend and want to know the differences between a II and III. Also does the stock system in the II have built in XM, I have sirius know and really want a car with it built in and not have to hook my old unit but it isn't a breaking point.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    IMO the Prius III is a better deal for the extra grand than the II but it depends on if you need:

6 disk cd changer
    jbl stereo
    xm radio
    bluetooth

That's the benefit of getting a III over a II. I feel the bluetooth and upgraded jbl/6 cd makes it worth it. The XM is only worth it if you know you'd want to subscribe...

You can see the differences between each model here:

Toyota Prius Hybrid - 2010 Models: Prius II, Prius III, Prius IV, Prius V

1 person likes this.
  3. Strangelove

Strangelove New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I looked at the II vs III (heck IV and V, even). For about the grand you spend on the factory stuff you can add a nice head unit with better nav than Toyata adds, bluetooth, DVD and a better amp. That's the direction I'm going.

4. sshaw10

sshaw10 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Same here as strangelove, I orignally wanted a III with NAV, read about the NAV, they raised the price so it's now over 3K difference. For under 1K you can get a replacement HU that has everything you could ever need and the functionality is a lot better than the factory. I wish more would do this and send a message to Toyota to put a better NAV/iPod product in their car. The install is a lot easier on the new cars versus the 09 and previous models.

5. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    comment deleted

6. morguex

morguex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm going with the III because of information on Prius Chat forum. Toyota's web site probably had all the information, but I couldn't readily find it.

I eliminated the I and II because they don't have the 6 CD changer and JBL Stereo.

I eliminated the IV and V because I don't do leather under my butt.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  8. Rhino

Rhino New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The bluetooth is only for making phone calls. If you don't get the nav package, forget listening to music via bluetooth. I think you can be misled like I did.

So if you are not an XM fan, like I am not an XM fan, you basically get a better sound system with a 6 CD changer, and a bluetooth connection for making calls. That's it.

The JBL does sound better. The woofer is nice. Much better than the JBL on the Toyota Sienna - the other car that I own.

Can someone elaborate between the two sound systems. Standard vs. JBL?