1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Different location of AUX IN on 2007 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by StaticFactory, Aug 10, 2011.

1. StaticFactory

StaticFactory New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello, I'm new to the forum and I just got a used Barcelona Red 2007 Prius with just over 77,000 miles on it.

I didn't find my 1/8" AUX IN port anywhere on the dash, and I didn't find it in the center console where it seems to be in all other models--but I remember when I first test-drove a Prius (not the same one I got, but the same year), the dealer showed me the port's location. I remember it being under the dash, nowhere near where everyone else was saying I should find it.

I finally found what looks exactly like a 1/8" stereo port under the steering wheel, on the left side, right in front of my left knee.

I had the right cord and it fit inside the port, but I tried plugging my iPod into it and I can't find the setting that switches to auxiliary input. So I have a few burning questions: has anyone else found their AUX IN port below the steering wheel? Do you have to install something else in the car to make the iPod work? If not, what buttons do you have to hit to make it work? Is this in the manual? If the port is the problem, how would I figure that out? Do I need a special cord for this? Would I be better off trying something else?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If nobody has any, I'd understand--I can't really provide that much information because I don't know that much about the car :confused:

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i think it's under the power port in your center console... or.. somewhere right around it.. any input is usually green.

3. bc104

bc104 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It's right next to the power outlet in the center console. I have an '07. It's possible it's a package thing. I have the CD changer & Bluetooth. You may not have the input if it's a lower package but I'm not positive. Mine is a 3.

4. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just in case, the center console is alongside your right leg, the cover flips back and the input is on the left side toward the front of the car, I don't use mine I installed the (dice?) unit that plugs into the back of the stereo unit along with my XM tuner.
    You say you have the correct cord to plug in but as I remember it's a Toyota propriety part that costs 175$ and it makes me wonder who would give the chord away, or why wouldn't it be plugged in already.

5. StaticFactory

StaticFactory New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I said above that my port isn't in the center console--I remember when I was at the dealer, they showed me a port under the steering wheel, and it looks like the right port (it's not green, but the cord does fit in it) but I can't figure out how to get it to work. I'll take pictures when I get the chance and post them, and see what you all think :)