1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Different Online Price Quotes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by New Revelation, Sep 15, 2006.

1. New Revelation

New Revelation The Master Captain

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    According to my reading on the Carbuyingtips.com site, it was recommended that we should still lookup and printup different price quotes from different online sites and bring them in to the dealership when its time to do the financing for the car, like the invoice pricing and such. For buying the Prius, do you think that this would be necessary? Because of the high demand of the car there may be very little, if any haggling regarding the MSRP and invoice on what the dealer paid, which is a bit less than the MSRP.

Of course I am going to try to get my financing together outside the dealership so that I can hopefully eliminate having to deal with the finance office except to write the check out and taking the Prius home.

All we want is just the car, buying it seems to be a job in itself when it comes to some dealerships who enjoy giving customers a hard time buying one. :rolleyes:

2. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hopeful Future Prius Owner @ Sep 15 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]320324[/snapback]</div>
    Good luck getting different price quotes. Some people are reporting a few under-MSRP, but every one I got (late July) was full MSRP.

That's been my experience. If the dealers can't keep them on the lots long enough for you to test-drive them, there will be no haggling. Things may change once the pressure of the 9/30/06 deadline has passed. I see your car is already on order, so you've already agreed to a price, therefore different price quotes will do nothing for you now. Don't worry about it. But DO see what financing terms you can get elsewhere, including your own bank or credit union. If the dealer gives you something better, go ahead and take it. If they don't, go with whoever you researched. Good luck and relax! You're almost there.

3. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Drive to north west Indiana, where the dealer I bought from will sell for $1000.00 off MSRP. If interested, send me a message....

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The car is in such high demand, that most dealers will not haggle. Still, it may not hurt to try. But if you've already agreed to a price, and the dealer has other folks on a waiting list, he can tell you to take it or leave it.

On the other hand, financing is another matter. If you have quotes for financing, in writing, that may help you to haggle over financing terms. And at least it will prepare you to decide if the dealer's financing is a bargain or a shaft.