1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

difficulty connecting up Treo 650 ??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ramarren, Aug 17, 2006.

1. ramarren

ramarren New Member

I'm getting around to learning about other features of the Prius and I thought it might be good to get the hands free setup going with my PalmOne Treo 650.

Mine is a GSM unlocked phone, currently running on a Cingular pre-paid monthly service. I have the latest firmware installed, far as I'm aware.

The Register screen gives me a code, I use the Bluetooth config to input the code. The phone says all is well, but the Prius never gets to the "Bluetooth Connected" message.

What's the trick?

Godfrey

2. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

I had no trouble hooking up my 650
    make sure bluetooth is on (on the Treo )
    should work instantly

3. ramarren

ramarren New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darwin100 @ Aug 17 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]304980[/snapback]</div>
    That's good to hear, but it doesn't answer why mine won't work. I just synced it via Bluetooth to my desktop computer, the bluetooth wireless seems to be working perfectly. It just won't pair with the Prius.

Godfrey

4. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godfrey DiGiorgi @ Aug 17 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]305025[/snapback]</div>
    You are not alone. Some Treo users have the same problem. Mine worked perfectly the 1st time I hooked with a Prius rental. Worked fantastically. Deleted during the rental and was never able to sucessfully re- connect. I think I might have a software conflict that is preventing a connection. I'm going to do a hard reset from scratch and try again.

Sorry, I'm no help. Just letting you know you are not alone. There are other threads that give some suggestions for a sucessful connection. <_<

5. ramarren

ramarren New Member

continuing on...

Doing some study on the problem, I find that my Treo 650 is fitted with v1.13 software and that v1.20 is available. Evidently, v1.20 includes some updates specifically for Bluetooth hands free connection. I'm preparing the Treo for upgrade now...

Godfrey

6. ramarren

ramarren New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godfrey DiGiorgi @ Aug 18 2006, 07:49 AM) [snapback]305301[/snapback]</div>
    That took a bit of work. I ultimately had to do a hard reset with full erasure to get v1.20 firmware package to install then resync all my data back to the Treo.

Then I went down to the car and attempted registration. It took almost two minutes after the Treo 650 said it was properly paired, but finally the "Bluetooth Connected!" screen came up. I tested making several calls and it seems to be working perfectly now.

With this in mind, I can close this issue with the caveat to be sure that a Treo 650 is running at least "Treo650-1.20-xxx" software, as displayed in the Phone Info panel, for proper operation. (The '-xxx' in my case is '-ENA' but I think that's different for different language versions and/or providers.)

Godfrey

7. got_prius?

got_prius? New Member

FYI, I have a Cingular Treo 650 (I have not unlocked it yet, though I might) with v1.17b on it and so far it seems to be working just fine with the Prius.

The only thing I can't do yet is send all my contacts in the phone (which I synchorize with Outlook) over to the Prius. But, I'm pretty sure I know the problem there and am not too motivated to get it to work.