1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diffrences in invoice/MSRP with same package number?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by whitespider, May 23, 2007.

1. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello.

First my sources:
    Intellichoice.com (click)

and

nadaguides.com (click)

My question is, on the intellichoice link it shows Package 5 as having three possibilities, of which the manufacturer codes are NL, NLA, and NLB. All of which have the same discription but diffrent prices.

Why is that?

The second link is there for an extra source for the help, in case anyone wants to point something new out.

A dealer in my area even told me the full package was called NLAT.. and I told him I didn't want the NLA package, but just the regular NL package.. then he said something about how the AT is there for factory this and that.. I honestly am not sure if he was giving me the run around and just making things up, or if there was something I completely failed at and missed entirely. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me, maybe someone on the inside or who knows a dealer salesperson??

2. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    NL is the designated package in Maine. It is the only one offered here according to my wife. However she did confirm that different package versions exist in other states. She didn't know any more as she has no info on the variants you found.

3. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tnthub @ May 23 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]448504[/snapback]</div>
    the first link just shows diffrent prices.

Alright, i'll be sure to have a sitdown with a salesperson and find out a little more about this. I don't want to be screwed on package price.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whitespider @ May 23 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]448271[/snapback]</div>
    "I see", said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

"NL" is THE option package for everything except the leather. This is stuff Toyota builds into the car. Toyota (and probably others) doesn't give you the "stuff" that goes IN the car that you may be accustomed to. For example, floormats are not included. The cigarette lighter and ash tray are not included. The NADA site lists "Extra Mileage Option Package A" and "B". This is the letter stuck at the end of NL to make NLA & NLB.

So NLA is nyour car delivered with floor mats, cargo net, first aid kit, etc. You will need to decide how useful all this stuff is. IMO you will want the mats and the rear bumper protector (or applique). The latter is a piece of plastic film that goes across the top of the rear bumper to prevent scrapes from loading.

5. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ May 23 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]448668[/snapback]</div>
    I see. So if the dealer tells me "NLAT" (for example) is the only package 5 they have and can get.. they're dirty liars? Do I insist on bare NL without being force-fed more?

6. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    As a Toyota salesperson in the Southeast region (GA), I can tell you that we get forced certain things for our region. For example, the 2008 Scion xB in the SET region MUST have the upgraded audio package (6 disc pioneer sound system) that costs around 800 extra. There's no way around this, as it's a port installed option. Now...if you buy something before it hits the port, you may be able to request that certain things do not go on your car. All of the Prii we order in the SET region end in AT, so I guess those extras are just gonna be there. Sorry.

7. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freke70 @ May 24 2007, 08:37 AM) [snapback]448946[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, you answered my question perfectly. I live in the southeast (FL), so your answer hit the nail on the head. Wonderful.

I'm not so concerned about the extra money to pay for the car, I just wanna be educated and not feel like i'm being scammed of sleezed out of my best possible deal.