1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

digital rearview mirror icons

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Fenichel, May 13, 2024.

1. Fenichel

Fenichel New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Following the instructions on page 217 of the owner's manual for my 2023 PP, I push the ((D)) menu button, and I see a row of icons. On my mirror, there are more icons than the ones shown in the manual. I am unsure as to what the extra ones do.

Left to right, the ones I have are
    • brightness, as in manual
    • up/down, as in manual
    • left-right, as in manual
    • rotate, as in manual
    • zoom, as in manual
    • A in sunburst icon. Pressing the ((C)) select button toggles something (what?) on and off.
    • anti-glare, as in manual
    • house icon with "setup" legend. I think it allows configuration of the garage-door opener tranceiver.
    • globe icon. Pressing the ((C)) select button cycles through English/French/Spanish, but I don't know which portion of the car's UI is affected.
    Is there a more recent manual? The one I have is footered PRIUS PRIME_OM_OM47E73U_(U).

2. radsaq

radsaq Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Interestingly, the "A" in a sunburst is mentioned in the 2024 Prius Prime US/Canada owner's manual but not the 2023 one (downloaded just now, from the US website):

upload_2024-5-13_22-50-36.png

So it allows you to change the anti-glare function of the optical mirror while in digital mode.

As to what the language setting changes I'm not sure, but maybe it's the on/off text that shows up in optical mirror mode:

upload_2024-5-13_22-55-5.png

Otherwise, I don't see any references to any text that is displayed in digital mode. (And also my vehicle doesn't have the digital rearview mirror, but I was curious about this.)