1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dim Display When Headlights Are On

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ggood, May 29, 2009.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was having a real hard time reading the MID display (not the nav screen) yesterday morning. Tried playing with the dimmer switch, but it was set to max. Finally remembered I had my headlights on and turned them off. Voila, display brightness comes back up. Anyone know if this default behavior can be changed? I guess I won't be turning my lights on during the day!

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Flip the dimmer switch all the way to max brightness - there should be a "switch" that triggers full panel brightness just for this purpose.

2 people like this.
  3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The great part about pushing the dimmer all the way up and "clicking" it on to max is that the Nav screen then goes back to a day-time display (as opposed to the darkened nighttime view). This is very nice for those cloudy, rainy days.

1 person likes this.
  4. Runabout

Runabout Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the thread. I normally like to drive with my headlights on for safety reasons but could not find the dimmer switch in the user manual and was afraid of breaking it. To get the dimmer to "click" required a little more effort than I was giving it, but now I know and it works! Thanks!