1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dinosaurs Increasing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ServoScanMan, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well it's finally starting to happen around here. I see more and more Dinosaurs for sale. Dinosaurs? Yes, you know - pickup trucks and SUVs. :) I see more and more of them on every corner with a FOR SALE sign in them. ;) Now my son has is 14mpg Dinosaur for sale. Anyone interested in a red-neck pickup truck from Texas? :unsure:

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hmmm, I wonder why. :)

http://www.nbc17.com/money/9567749/detail.html

I've been hearing about all these great deals one can get from local dealers on their SUV and truck inventories...rebates, $1000 worth of gas, the first year's gas free, etc. Anything to sweeten up a 'deal' on a guzzler I guess. SUV's aren't for me, I have no need for something so large and the Prius fits all my needs quite nicely. And I love pulling into a gas station filled with SUV's: I fill up the tank of my Prius, and leave while they're all still sitting there getting fueled up to the tune of $50-60 each and I just paid half that, and will get even more miles out of the gas I just put in than they'll get out of theirs. :D

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ Jul 28 2006, 06:01 AM) [snapback]293732[/snapback]</div>
    Here, we refer to them as "priustoric" vehicles.

4. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol: LOL! Wow, that was dry. Can I get you a glass of water, John?

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    When I hear a radio commercial or see a television commercial for Priustoric vehicles, I take my best pleading voice and say, "please buy our cars. please?"

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jul 28 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]293937[/snapback]</div>
    Do you hear the world's smallest violin playing in the background on those commercials? because I sure do. :D

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ Jul 28 2006, 04:01 AM) [snapback]293732[/snapback]</div>
    14 MPG? Comparatively that's pretty good. :lol:
    I plan on getting rid of our 1984 GMC Sierra truck. Not because it gets horrible mileage – it does – but because I really don't use it much.
    The Prius does most of the hauling I do nowadays anyways.

I would seriously consider junking the thing if I felt it were more of an environmental pig than other older trucks on the road. Every time I have it smogged they are amazed at how well it does. Years ago, one dumb smog dude accused me of tampering with it to get that good of readings. “What did you do to the catalytic converter?†"What catalytic converter," I asked. It was designed to burn leaded or unleaded gas, so it never had a catalytic converter. :rolleyes:

So, anyone in the Northern California area want a reliable 1984 GMC Sierra with a 7.4L (454) engine and rigged for 5th wheel hauling?

Like the Prius with its entertaining MFD, this truck provides you with the entertainment factor of literally being able to watch the gas needle drop while you drive.
    No kidding, you can actually watch it move. :blink:
    Nine to 11 MPG will do that. :eek: