1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disable door open beeps (and all other friggin' beeps)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by rleduc, May 11, 2008.

1. rleduc

rleduc The glass is always 1/2 full.

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello All
    I would like to find that "most annoying ever" beep that sounds when the driver door is open and in accessory mode.

1) can this beep be turned off? How?

2) if not, where is the beeper so I can remove/disable it? I know on other vehicles it's somewhere under the steering column. I spent an hour of my life that I'll never get back and I could not locate that little sucker. Usually, it's a round or square plug-in type chime or buzzer gadget, often near a fuse panel. If I could find it, I'd pull it out and chuck it as far as I could, but only after I run it over first. :mad:

Any suggests would be very appreciated. First correct answer gets a martini!

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I haven't messed with it in the Prius but on my old car I was able to disable the door beepers by simply removing the little button the door pushes in while closed and then disconnecting it.

3. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That would also affect other functions hat rely on the door position which may or may not be of concern:

--the dome light would not turn on and off when the door is opened or closed.
    --the smart key would lock the car even though the door wasn't fully closed.
    --The headlights would not automatically turn off when you exit the car.

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey I never said it was a good idea, he asked for idea's. :)