1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disable driver side open door alarm

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Prius Love, May 14, 2017.

1. Prius Love

Prius Love New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When I turn off the car and open the driver side door the security light flashes and the car door dashboard light flashes and buzzer goes off. It won't stop until the door closes. I just want to disable the buzzer. Annoying! As a fyi, this only started happening after I took the car to the "5 minute oil change" people. They reset the oil change alarm and I was left with the door buzzing. I have a 2014 Prius V with the number 5 trim package. Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i was going to say, that's not normal. i don't know what they could have done. you can try disconnecting the 12v for a minute to see if it resets to factory default. you may lose radio presets and window switch might need to be retrained.
    otherwise, perhaps a code reader can find a setting, if there is one.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah, shouldn't it only warn about door open if the car's on? (n)

Sounds like something messed something up during the quickly oil change.

4. Prius Love

Prius Love New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you so much for replying. So I get in the car this morning and it is working fine. No buzzer. It has been 4 weeks listening to the buzzer and after I post my problem to Prius Chat, a Prius Miracle occurs! Go figure! You both rock! Thanks again.