1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disable iPhone autoplay music?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jiffry1017, May 20, 2015.

1. jiffry1017

jiffry1017 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey,

I just got a new 2015 Prius Two (no Entune). I had a couple questions. I own an iPhone 6. When I connect my phone to the car it will autoplay from the music app.

1) Is there anyway to disable this?

2) Is there anyway to make it autoplay from Spotify instead?

Thanks.

**Edit - Nevermind. I figured it out.

#1 jiffry1017, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I get this sometimes when I switch to Bluetooth mode (often listen to podcasts).

My best guess (based on my experience) is that it often seems to happen if the Music app is open in iPhone memory, but I think it's also happened at times when that's not the case.

I'm guessing if the iPhone sees Bluetooth as = music/podcast playback. If you connect and you were last using either of these apps, it will try to resume where it left off. The exception seems to be if the last time you used them it was on Bluetooth and you paused playback before disconnecting...then it seems to wait to be told to resume.

Likely just a glitch in how the Toyota head unit communicates with the iPhone about what it should be doing once it reconnects over Bluetooth.

I don't use a cable, so I can't speak to that situation if that's your issue. :unsure:

3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Please tell us what you did - it may help someone else with a similar problem.

4. jiffry1017

jiffry1017 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thought it was because the music app was opened. However like qdllc said, it sometimes will still play even if the music app isn't opened. So it's not entirely fixed.

FredericaMG likes this.
  5. FredericaMG

FredericaMG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm searching for a solution, too. I never listen to music over my LG4. The Google Play Music app is not open. I can check and see which apps are open, and it is not. But it starts playing old spoken audio files that are on the phone (which once in a blue moon I do want to hear). I repeat, Google Play Music is turned off. Yet as soon as I connect by Bluetooth, for possible phone calls, the old audio files start up. Frustrated.

Everyone says this is a car thing, not a phone thing. There is an app designed to stop it, and I'll research that some more before downloading.