1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

disable key-remove reminder beep?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pnerd, Jul 8, 2006.

1. pnerd

pnerd Junior Member

I've seen the list of hacks and easter eggs article (http://priuschat.com/List-of-hacks-and-easter-eggs-t13276.html), but it doesn't seem to address this one.
    (and what's the "reminder light reset" in that article?)

Anyways I hope to be able to disable that beeper/buzzer that's intended to remind you to remove your key. (I don't have smart-entry, just base config '06)

I often want the door to be open with the key in (want to listen to music while I install my RAAMmat sound deadening), and the beep is unnecessary.
    Anyways I still sometimes forget and leave my key in.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why not just put the car in ACC mode...shouldn't beep then. You should start it up every 30 minutes or so to recharge your 12v if you do that though.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

$3 at almost any auto acc. parts store will buy a tool to keep the button depressed so it won't beep. Used by mechanics who have to have the door open and the key in to work on stuff in the car and don't want the door buzzer going on and on.

4. pnerd

pnerd Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 8 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]282987[/snapback]</div>
    Mine beeps in ACC, IG-ON-(nobrake) and OFF as long as driver door open.

Thanks. so... there is no "software way" to disable this eh?