1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disable stock parking sensors on Prius 2010

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by mwb, Jan 5, 2022.

1. mwb

mwb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Prius 2010 for which the rear bumper has been totaled. I found a new bumper on-line new for not a lot of money! But it has no holes for the stock parking sensors. I just disconnected those but now the car beeps when I put it in reverse because it does not 'see' the parking sensors. I can hit the 'ignore the parking sensors' switch in the car to have the noise stop, but I'd have to do that any time I start the car.

Is there a way that I can configure the car just to ignore the parking sensors?

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You're in the Prius Prime forum but at least for the Prime Intuitive Parking Assist can be disabled the the MID Settings. I don't know if your car will still complain that the sensors flat out are missing but if you have that setting you might try disabling the feature. If that car has things like Intellegent Clearance Sonar etc you could turn those off but that would also disable the forward facing sensors as well. SYK
    2022-01-05_061726.jpg

Attached Files:

#2 schja01, Jan 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    Salamander_King likes this.
  3. mwb

mwb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry for posting in the wrong forum!! Thanks for the hint, and indeed I can press that button but the problem is that I need to press it _anytime_ I start the car. I was looking for some thing I could do have the park sensors (preferably just the rear sensors) not work.

Would there be someone that can move this thread to the proper forum? Otherwise I'll open a new thread in the right place.

4. mwb

mwb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the mean time, I decided just to drill holes in the bumper in about the right places and replace the sensors. It was a lot less difficult than I was fearing and the result is better. Drilling in the bumper is very easy, and I had the old bumper to test on, to ease my anxiety about how difficult the drilling might be!

5. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Use the “Report” option from the “Tools” button on your original post to request a Mod move your post.