1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disabling Passenger Seat Belt Beep

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by flynz4, Jan 23, 2006.

1. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I already disabled the back-up beep, and the seat belt beep in my '06 Pkg8. I thought that I had done it all.

Then... on the way to work, with my computer bag on the passenger seat... my car started beeping and flashing like crazy complaining that the passenger did not have a seat belt fastened. Maybe it was triggered when I rested my arm on my computer bag. In any case... the alarm was persistent enought that I finally slid my computer bag on to the passenger floor... at which time the alarm extinquished.

Is disabling the passenger seat belt a seperate operation in addition to the two other disable operations performed?

/Jim

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Computer is probably safer on the floor to start with.... not working on the way to work are we??? Good way to end the life of you new car :blink:

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The incantations and ritual movements are the same as for disabling the Driver's Seatbelt Beep, /Jim, except you use the Passenger seat belt. Not difficult, but easier if you can get your passenger to do it.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    do we know if it actually works when there's a passenger in the seat in the 06s? i know the voodoo magic procedure doesn't work in the 05s if you have someone sitting in the front passenger seat. learned that the hard way :lol:

5. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My Silver Cloud is an '05, too, Galaxee, so it is speculation on my part, you are right.

We haven't fully documented the '04-'05 voodoo dances, and here it may change in '06...

6. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    LOL... no... the computer was safely stored away in a computer backpack... which in turn was sitting on the passenger seat.

I do not remember the computer bag setting off the seatbelt warning before... which is why I am speculating that I may have been resting my arm on the bag.

/Jim

7. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It's all that extra data accumulating on your disk...