1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disabling the Speaker When Using a Bluetooth Phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by spyder123, Mar 28, 2005.

1. spyder123

spyder123 Junior Member

I'm into my 10th day of ownership of my 2005 Prius. Thus far, it is everythng I expected.

Question: There are times that I do NOT want a passenger in my Prius to hear the person on the "other" side of my phone. How do I disable the speaker for that call and re-enable it for other calls?

Spyder

2. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Read the bluetooth instructions for your phone and how it would interact with headsets.

I'm making an educated guess through my non-empirical experience that if you picked up the call through the phone (clicking the phone's answer button) instead of picking up through the Prius will achieve what you want.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My phone, a Sprint LG PM-325, allows me to transfer a call from the hands free system to the handset, and vice versa, via the menu which is displayed on the phone while the call is in progress. I suggest that you check the menu options on your phone.

4. raf

raf Junior Member

Going to Add New Phone in the Prius terminates the Bluetooth connection. When you are done, you can just press Cancel to reestablish the Bluetooth connection.