1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disabling Voice on '06, #6?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wynder, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Wynder

Wynder New Member

My other topic got kinda hijacked and people don't understand that packages without navigation have completely different option screens than those vehicles that do have #7+... So, please... don't respond telling me to go through three pages of menu options -- we don't have them. We do have this:

[Broken External Image]:http://27chickens.com/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album04/bt_screen.thumb.jpg

(click to enlarge)

And that's basically it -- is there something in the diagnostics screen? (I'm not even sure how to reach that in an '06), but the voice prompts are really annoying when using bluetooth...

2. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

Just so you know Wynder,

I HAVE #7...BUT I do not have the "Phone" guidance setting. I too can go to that "Menu" "Setup" and HAVE 3 screens. And guess what, when I turn off ALL voice guidance it still does not work for me. I still get those commands.....

"After the beep..."
    "After the screen has updated..."
    "when ready briefly hit the talk switch.....pause pause pause....or press the off-hook button"

I'm wondering if it's possible that there are a couple different versions of MFD/Phone programs out there. Because, like one person said in that previous thread "Menu", "Settings", then there are 3 screens to toggle through. Those are for the NAV unit voice guidance settings.

AND, I do have this exact screen you're showing under the phone menu.

What's really confusing is tessar said the same thing I'm saying about "he's not getting "phone" guidance settings options BUT turned "Voice Recognition Guidance" off and IT WORKED for him. It does not for me.

Really confusing.

Just thought I'd share this with you so you know.

Aaron