1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disappointing Dems

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TimBikes, Jul 30, 2007.

1. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Despite all of the promises of "cleaning house" it is looking like the Dems are going to be no better than the GOP they followed. Not that I am surprised.

"When Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid picked up his ball and went home after his staged all-night session last week, he saved from possible embarrassment one of the least regular members of his Democratic caucus: Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska. Reform Republican Tom Coburn had ready an amendment to the defense authorization bill removing Nelson's earmark funding a Nebraska-based company whose officials include Nelson's son. Such an effort became impossible when Reid pulled the bill..."

See column here...

2. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TimBikes @ Jul 29 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]487291[/snapback]</div>
    There isn't much difference between the parties, just how they are advertised. Both sides seem to say one thing during the election and then when they have won, they act as if nothing they said to get there matters any longer.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05_SilverPri @ Jul 30 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]487372[/snapback]</div>
    The democrats really dropped the ball

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

They had a HUGE ball to try and carry :D

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This is why I always chuckle when folks say "OH NOS! THEM DEMON-CRATS ARE ULTRA-LIBURALZ!"

Even if there were 99 Democrat senators and only one Republican, the Democrats STILL wouldn't be able to get anything done (and no, I'm not blaming the Republican, either).

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jul 30 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]487408[/snapback]</div>
    the way i saw it was they had a slow pitch to hit, and they should of hit it out of the park. the culture of corruption was a pretty good slogan they coined - only problem was they were part of it. they had the first 100 days to do something - still waiting. their approval ratings are lower then Bush's. And they are invested in our defeat in Iraq - read todays NY Times Op Ed pages - i posted this earlier today, "Give War a Chance".

7. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    As an aside, it's a lot harder to hit a slow pitch far than a fast pitch - the way the physics works out, you basically have a lot more energy in a fast pitch, which when combined with the bat speed and flexing of the bat results in a harder hit ball than a slow pitch.

On topic, all politicians are the same, and they're all going to use the exact same underhanded corrupt methods as the rest. As for doing something, it's been said before and i'll say it again - it's rather hard to do something when the president is standing there ready and willing to veto anything he doesn't like...

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jul 30 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]487467[/snapback]</div>
    name one thing the president has vetoed that the dems have passed.

as for the culture of corruption - there is no presidential veto for that. the dems are as dirty as their opponents.

9. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  10. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius