1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disc/aux button not working on the radio

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Manhat10ite, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Manhat10ite

Manhat10ite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know this may sound trivial but I use this all the time. Saturday morning was listening to a pod cast on my phone, 30 minutes later the button stopped working. Does anyone have a solution? The car is 18 months old so still under warranty.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Probably a warranty issue. I have seen the satellite radio need a power down of the car to work properly but I am sure you have tried that.

3. Manhat10ite

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By power down, if you mean turning the car on and off yes, if you mean completely disconnecting the battery no. Heck, I don't even know where the battery is.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Your description is scant, but it sounds like you lost bluetooth communication. This is not unheard of with some phones, and can be caused by a variety to things.

That button is expected to be greyed out when no source is detected.

5. Manhat10ite

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not bluetooth, don't think mine has that function. There is a way to connect your phone through the center console box between the seats to an auxiliary cable. The switch on the radio face says Disc/Aux. I thought I was actually pretty clear.