1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disconnected wire

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jimmy Latta, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Jimmy Latta

Jimmy Latta New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello,
    This is on a gen2 prius. I just completed a head gasket replacement. I noticed this loose wire but am unable to find what it goes to or where it connects. On the plug, it has the numbers 10619.
    It comes from a harness along the firewall behind the brake reservoir.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That looks like it's going into the stroke simulator that's on the passenger side of the inner fender frame rail right? I can go out in a minute and tell you where it goes The sun's just now coming up.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Inside of that black plug is a piece of yellow plastic on my '05 that wire is taped and sitting there doesn't look like it's ever been plugged in That's what I thought I just had to go out and make sure I can't post pictures here I'm staring at it right now My brake reservoir is undone I move it over to the side I look down at the stroke simulator that thing that looks like a little silver motor and this is taped and hanging right underneath that with the same corrugated wire loom and all of that I'm staring at it right now it goes to nothing

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's got a retainer clip a few inches back. Just swing it around, see what that might clip into, then swing around the rest of it; it's gotta be close by that it plugs in.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    It goes to nothing It's just hanging there or clipped to the conduit that it runs in and hanging right underneath where that stroke simulator is I took a picture of it this morning but I can't post it It's right there on all of them it looks like it just sits there I don't know if it's a ground wire and was going to go to a clip and they just decided not to use it or what happened but I've seen it on a bunch of mine here.

6. Jimmy Latta

Jimmy Latta New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you all for checking. Not sure how much time I spending searching and googling trying to figure it out.
    I crawled under and over the engine bay looking. Event pulled out an extension mirror looking behind things.

Of course... after hooking things all up I find that the starter battery is completely dead and won't take a charge. Thankfully should be under warranty since I replaced it around May last year.

7. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    On my 2006, it's connected to a horn, for the security alarm.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Tombukt2 likes this.
  8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Make sense the 2005 or 6 that I'm looking at here in the driveway I don't think had the security horn that hangs on the inner frame rail like a couple of them out here have I guess that makes perfect sense so when you don't have that it's just folded up and strapped to something another piece of wire or what have that's how it is in the '05 I knew I had seen it a couple of times and I guess when I don't see it is on the cars that has the horn hanging there and I guess that wire goes to that simple enough that's funny that they would have that for the immobilizer SKS alarm horn on all the cars but yet the wiring plugs aren't in the doors to easily add the handles with the buttons and whatnot just another little quirk.