1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty /Service Contracts

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Toyota Extra Care Platinum Warranty Price - $1055!
    Yes, this deal is still going on in 2011!

Please request more information using the quote request form at WarrantyShack.com from now on. The same price as always is available to PriusChat members, just be sure you include your PriusChat Username in the form for the special PriusChat pricing.

http://www.warrantyshack.com/quotes/toyota/

Other plans available, please read below for more information and how to contact our PriusChat Warranty Representative.

Please read this entire opening post before asking any questions that may already be answered.

Many of our members are getting swindled by their local dealers over the price of the Toyota Extended Service Contract (Extended Warranty in layman's terms) so I decided to do something about it.

PriusChat is proud to announce that for a price of $1055, you can purchase the Toyota Extra Care Platinum warranty which will cover your car for a period of 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

The best part is this warranty has a $0 deductible. It also comes with Substitute Transportation coverage at $50/day for a max of 5 days per occurrence, free towing to the closest authorized repair facility, travel protection if the incident occurs more than 150 miles from your home and includes costs of meals and lodging reimbursed up to $100 per day for a maximum of five days over the life of the agreement, and transferability to another owner of your car for a fee of $50.

How much does it cost?
    As stated previously, this great plan is available for $1055, almost $800 off the MSRP price of $1850

What does it cover?
    You can see a full list of what is covered over on Toyota Financial Services website. It breaks down what is covered by each level of warranty coverage.

Is the Navigation/MFD covered?
    * Yes - request a full list of covered and excluded items from our warranty rep if you would like to take a look at them.

I already bought my car, does that mean I can't get the Extended Service Contract?
    *Nope, you can buy it as long as you are within the original warranty period - 3 years, 36k miles.

*Bought your car used? You are eligible for other service contracts

Interested in the Toyota Prepaid Maintenance Plans?

$875 for the 4 year/ 55,000 mile Premium Plan. MSRP $1355.

I'm interested, so how do I order it and get some of my questions solved?
    Please go to WarrantyShack.com and fill out the quote request form here: http://www.warrantyshack.com/quotes/toyota/

Soon we will have a way for you to contact a warranty rep directly through WarrantyShack.com so that you can feel free to ask any questions you may have, plus we'll have a Toyota representative will be available to answer your questions.

A quick note from PriusChat concerning using our offer as a way to "pricematch" with your dealer. Basically, please refrain from doing so. Telling your dealer about this offer could lead to higher prices in the very near future or completely pulling the deal from this site. Please read the message from Troy, our PriusChat Warranty Rep, below:

"...If anyone feels that they simply must give their dealer the chance to price match, at the very least, give us the courtesy of keeping us anonymous so you don't ruin it for everyone. Just tell them you have gotten a better price at another dealer, and leave it at that. Don't give them a copy of this thread or one of my emails with all the info they need to go crying to their factory reps about how much money they lost because of us."

2. unique615

unique615 New Member

Extended Warranty

I am picking up my new Prius on 7/14/04. I am sure that they will offer to sell me an Extended Warranty. What is the price that I should not go over if they do indeed offer?

1 person likes this.
  3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Extended Warranty

There are many places that offer it for $1035 or less (a couple at $980). I don't know what kind of deal Danny will be offering, but I certainly would not pay more than the $1035 mark.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Currently the lowest I've been able to find has been $985. I hope that the total will be at or near that price.

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    BTW, for those wondering whether or not to buy the Extended Warranty:

1)You have 3yrs/36k miles to buy and can buy from ANY dealer, so don't let your dealer pressure you.

2)During standard warranty period there are only 2 added benefits you get from having the Extended Warranty (of course after the warranty runs out on your Prius is when the Ext. Warranty becomes the real benefit).

a)Transportation assistance: if your vehicle has warranteeable repairs that'll take more than a day to complete or get parts in, the new car warranty just says that the dealership has to provide transportation assistance (doesn't say what kind, so it could just be a courtesy van, or a loaner, or they could pay for a rental...). The Toyota Extra Care provides a set dollar amount ($50/day) with a limit on how many days (5 per repair visit).

B) Dislocation benefit: should your car need repairs for more than one day, while you're more than 150 miles from your home, the Toyota Extra Care provides $100/day for food/lodging, up to 5 days over the lifetime of the Toyota Extra Care agreement. I haven't seen this offered in the basic bumper to bumper new car warranty.

6. woemcats

woemcats New Member

For people who canceled their warranty with a dealer, how long did it take to get a check or see the amount credited to the lein holder (Toyota, in my case)? I filled out the papers on June 12.

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Toyota Service Contracts / Extended Warranty - Discounte

At my current rate I'll be averaging around 20,000 miles per year, so I'd want 6 years/100,000 miles. I got a quote for somewhere around $860 but couldn't pull it off this year due to my high car taxes.

See what kind of price you can get on that...

8. Eisenson

Eisenson New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    On the Yahoo boards there were reports of $850 for 7/100/0 - that seems to be the low number. I bought my car out of state and divorced my dealer, but he nevertheless said he'd at least come close to whatever I find when the time came.

I've got 24k miles to go before needing it... and can't think of a reason to buy prematurely. And, at 22k/year it'll take some calculation to figure out what makes sense.

9. bckeller

bckeller New Member

Am I eligable?

So, I purchased my classic used a few months back. The car is at 45K+ miles. Can I get an extended warranty? Is it worth it?

Thanks for the advice.

BC

2002 Green Prius "Midori"
    current tank, 49.4 MPG @360 mi.

10. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sorry bckeller. The Warrantee would have needed to be purchased before the car turned over 36K.

1 person likes this.
  11. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

i'm definitely interested but first i want to see if they fix my touch screen under the warranty. no extra coverage is worth a damn if they find excuses not to cover something...

12. Puzzler1

Puzzler1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm interested too. Although I would be interested in the 75000 mile 7 year no deductible plan. I don't drive very high mileage. My last car had 73000 miles on it and it was 10 years old.

This is a great offer if you can get us all a reasonable price. Thanks on behalf of all of us.

13. n8dtb

n8dtb Junior Member

Is there any reason to purchase an extended warranty up-front? Friends I have talked to about this generally recommend against them, but suggest that if you really do want it for "peace of mind" to wait until shortly before your regular warranty is about to expire.

14. jimfcarroll

jimfcarroll New Member

DOH! TOO LATE!?

OK, I just got ripped off by my dealer and found this posting too late (the details: 6/100K/0 for $1440). I never bought an extended warranty before but after talking to a number of people decided I would do it for the first time. Next time I wont be so naive about the price.

Does anyone know if I can get out of it? So far I put down a $160 deposit and expect further payments to be drawn from my credit card starting in a week or two (one payment of about $100 per month for the next year).

Is there a cancellation clause in the policy? If I haven't used it yet can I cancel it?

Thanks
    Jim Carroll

15. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: DOH! TOO LATE!?

I'm pretty certain you've got 30 days to cancel. Read the warranty, it should say.

16. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, I think 30 days to cancel, then after that you can cancel anytime and just have the amount refunded to you prorated.

17. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    so you got 985 for 6 year/100k?

that is better than what my dealer offered which was $1275.

i didnt go for it because im not sure that i would even use if for even high mileage although i cant say for sure what my mileage requirements will be.

for one thing, i dont see a whole lot of real benefit to having the coverage.

i am more interested in the Value Protection Package that includes undercoating/sound shield, paint sealant, and the fabric/leather treatment. they are offering the entire package for $475. does anyone think that these are worthwhile things to get? and what is anyone else paying for it.

my timelimit for this price is up in a few weeks (although the service manager says they will ignore any deadlines that fall within a month or so)

18. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, with 100,000 miles of full coverage, the battery and a few computers could fail at 99,000 miles and they'd probably be replaced at no additional cost to you. At that point, the extended warranty would be worth it.

With no extended warranty, those parts alone could top $14,000, per previous horror stories. And they COULD fail at 37,000 miles, since some have failed earlier.

Insurance is always a gamble, to take the risk or not. My car needs to last at least the 6 years I'll be paying for it, so if I spend $850 or so to make sure 100,000 miles (maybe 5 years) of that is less-worrisome, I think it's a good gamble.

AND, I understand, if I don't use it at all, I'll get nearly all the money back anyway...

19. jimfcarroll

jimfcarroll New Member

OK. I can cancel it. I did call Toyota to find out the details and was told that it is possible (though unlikely) that a dealership could choose not to honor the extended warranty bought from another dealership. When are you going to offer your service?

Thanks
    Jim

20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well if that were the case i would have jumped on it immediately for nearly any price!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.