1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disengage the 2 claws and 2 clips, and remove the rear No. 1 floor board sub-assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by davethomaspilot, Oct 14, 2010.

1. davethomaspilot

davethomaspilot New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm trying to access the HV battery. I paid the $15 to get access to the TIS, but I'm still stuck on "disengage the 2 claws and 2 clips" on the rear no. 1 floor board assembly. How?

(Pictures from the TIS are attached)
    floor board 1a.JPG

floor board 2.JPG

Thanks!

Dave Thomas

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have not had that panel out but from what I have learned removing other interior panels the clips should just pull out, the claws can be a bit harder. Sometimes if you try to pull the claws out they come out OK, sometimes they break. I think the trick is to figure out which way they are in and push on the side that releases them.

Here is a trim removal kit I bought from Auto Zone for $15 that works pretty well on some of them. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...yWord=interior+trim+removal&fromString=search

If you don't get a good answer here you might try the body shop at one of the Toyota dealers, they usually don't mind sharing their "secrets".