1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disgusted with Putco's move with jet yellow bulbs

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by ImeanGreen, Mar 3, 2013.

1. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just a heads up for you guys. Recently bought a pair of ptuco jet yellow bulbs for my V's foglight. I was sooo impressed with their bulbs when I installed it in my regular prius - the yellow color was second to none. But putco's move recently really disappointed me big time. Took out the bulb from my regular prius and here are the differences betwee the newer bulbs. 1) The yellow color tint on the newer ones were so light and the effect was very very minor in color from a regular bulb. 2) The newer bulb size are also smaller as you can see in the picture. 3) The newer ones are made in the USA and the previuos ones had no stamp mark "made in USA". 4) The rubber gasket in the newer ones were red and yellow for the older ones. 5) Color difference with old putco bulb on left and newer bulb on right with foglights turned on. Guys, just be aware of putco's recent move in changing their jet yellow bulb products. :(

Attached Files:

jzchen likes this.