1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display dark when it shouldn’t be

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by 1brianduncan, Jan 10, 2024.

1. 1brianduncan

1brianduncan New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Brand new 2024 prime xse premium and I’m having problems with my big screen being dark when it shouldn’t be. Anyone else?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow... Have you asked the dealer who sold you the car if others have that issue? Maybe there's a monthly subscription fee to use the screen? That's how we figured out why people's traffic jam assist doesn't work for 2023 owners. So sick of their greed... Some states are actually passing laws to ban automakers from charging monthly fees that don't cost the automakers anything to provide after the car has been purchased.

I remember when Prius was a car designed specifically for frugal people who liked to maximize how much money they save. These days it seems like it's designed for people that like to get ripped off and pay way too much for something that's not that valuable.

3. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    One of the items in the settings menu on the large screen allows you to change the screen mode to always be light or dark or let the car figure it out. If you're always in dark mode, the fix is easy. If it's switching when it's too light out, either manually switch it to manual control, or, adjust to it. You might check with the dealer if there's a way to modify the change over point.

4. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Dark or not turned on? I've been reading over on reddit reports of the screens of 23/24 models across all Toyota vehicles with screens that won't turn on.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe lighten up on the sarcasm?

CooCooCaChoo and Tom_06 like this.