1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display not working

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sal831, Sep 24, 2012.

1. sal831

sal831 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Terrible, loved car since March, bought with 60 miles on it. Last night as pulling into garage, display goes out. Can only see if lights are on, what gear its in, and one other small detail. Can not see power display, Speedometer, clock, how much gas I have, or heater functions. Taking it in today. Car has over 1 k on it. We live on the cool coast, Monterey Peninsula, fog. Taking it in today. Sad

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's odd... You did check the dimmer adjustment, right?

3. sal831

sal831 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It kept going on and off from 0730 till 0800. Then when I turned it off, some of the display went on, so I thought it was not turning off. Will see what dealer comes up with. The dimmer adjustment was the first thing the mechanic asked me about, but when it was on, it looked normal, so I do not think that was it.

4. crpriusv

crpriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hah! Exactly the same thing happened to me last night after I stopped to fuel up on the NJ Turnpike. I started up with no speedo/odometer, battery charge, fuel level or HSI display and no heater/ventilation function display . Yet the dash display did show "ready" and no warning lights or beeps, so I continued driving home with the dark dash.

When I got home I found that switching on my headlights made the dash panel go dark. And it was indeed the light dimmer that had been turned all the way down. Must have inadvertently hit it with my knee.

My wife mumbled a few choice words because I had not checked "all the buttons" like she had suggested....:)

5. two2hams

two2hams Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My 2007 model has been doing the same thing on and off for a while now. Not only does the dash display stay dark, The power button does not turn the car off when this happens! If you park and power down, wait a bit and engage drive, the car moves under power even though it should be in the off position.
    Anybody familiar with this?

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You have a different issue and do not have a Prius v wagon, which started w/the '12 model year. In the future, start or reply to a thread in the Gen 2 area.

For you, see:
    Luscious Garage | Blog | LG TV - Prius Dead Dashboard
    T-SB-0172-09 Combination Meter - Intermittent Display | PriusChat
    Combination Meter Warranty Enhancement | PriusChat - I haven't received a letter for my 06 yet.

7. syscon

syscon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The poster "sal831" never updated us on the status on this issue, he originally reported in on Sept. 24/12, and today is Nov. 13; besides he just signed up made these two posts.
    So I would assume this is not a valid case.