1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display on/off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by tomctomc, Dec 20, 2012.

1. tomctomc

tomctomc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    in my 2008 without Nav, i turned the display off so i could listen to music while while waiting in the dark... how do i turn it back on? the manual wasn't much help. thanks

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Arh, caught by the old "display off" trapdoor I see.

You turn it off with the "display" -> (on screen) "screen off" sequence, so logic would dictate that the the "display" button would turn it back on again. But nope, in the most illogical example of poor ergonomics you could ever imagine, you have to use "info" -> (on screen) "trip info" to turn it back on.

Grrr, I got caught by this once too. It took me about an hour to figure out how to turn it back on. :confused:

3. techntrek

techntrek Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I agree on this one issue, but when I compare the ergonimics/user interface of my newer Suburban with my 08 Prius (and even my 03 Sienna), Toyota got 98% of the user interface right. Like putting the front and rear defrost buttons right on the steering wheel so you can find them right away without looking down when you suddenly can't see where you are going - on the Chevy they are teeny teeny little buttons way down low on the center console. Very safe. Same thing goes for storage. You'd think the massive Suburban would have a hundred cubbies for the small things like sunglasses, etc. Nah. It doesn't even have any door pockets for the middle seats! Toyota does it far better. :)