1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Paul Stoecker, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Paul Stoecker

Paul Stoecker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a couple of questions about interpreting the dashboard display.

1) The arrows in the Energy Monitor sometimes change color. I presume this represents different magnitudes of current flow or power, but I don't find any explanation of what values those are.

2) Sometimes the "Consumption" heading scrolls off the screen, and then reappears a short time later. Why does it do this?

Thanks!

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat, Paul Stoecker!

The arrows change color based on direction of energy flow. Notice the arrow heads and whether the energy is flowing from the Internal Combustion Engine to the wheels and electric motor and from there to the battery or back to the wheels. Notice the color change when power is flowing into the battery or out of the battery. "Volume" of flow isn't displayed.

I can't answer the second question. I never see the top of the Consumption screen change, except when a message comes down over it, like Bluetooth Connection Successful or Temperature 37 °. Can you explain more?

3. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the arrows change direction...
    each color represents a different direction (to and from).
    yellow is typically seen going to the motors, and blue is typically seen coming from the motors to the battery...

Also... can you take a picture of the off-screen consumption? I've never noticed it going offscreen before.

it should look like this:
    [​IMG]

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When you change the air conditioner or radio settings I think a header comes across the top of the screen covering the title "Consumption" to display those changes.