1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display Screen Acting Up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jopgrants, Jul 18, 2009.

1. jopgrants

jopgrants New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Got a new portable GPS for my bday yesterday :) and my daughter put it (the type w/ a suction clip) on my display screen and now my responses are acting up. My husband and I both watched her do it and it just didn't connect that doing that was uh . . . w-r-o-n-g. Bummer (That comes with getting another year older. ;) ) Now responses are messed up. Climate control: I can't move the fan button except to random spots. For ex. if I press M it goes to Hi. Press Hi it goes to Lo. No buttons in between work) and on the CD section: if I press Repeat it goes to ASL. Scan radio doesn't work via the screen. I can move back to the different screens by the side buttons or using hand controls on steering wheel. The Consumption and Energy windows are fine. So it's not majorly out of order but not working 100%. Any ideas?? Thanks so much.

2. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hello Jop:

Very sorry to hear about your MFD problem. But it does sound as though you will need a new MFD, unfortunately.

New ones are grossly expensive. But I've read here on the forums that rebuilt ones can be had for far cheaper. Hopefully someone will chime in with prices and places to buy them.

Replacing it may even be a DIY job, but I'm not certain about this. Again, hopefully someone will respond.

Best wishes,

Frank