1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display screen day/night brightness and color

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Geobeeks, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Geobeeks

Geobeeks New Member

Does anyone know if you can have a different brightness setting for day and night? The screen looks great at full bright during the day, even in full sun. But at night it's like staring at the sun and we have to turn down the brightness again. I tried changing the contrast a bit but it didn't help enough. My old car, an Infiniti FX35 recognized whether it was day or night and inverted the screen so it was easy on the eyes at night. Any feature like this on the Prius?

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Try the dimmer switch, Works great for me.

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, it's easy to overlook that little dial behind the steering wheel. Yours is probably clicked up into the "daytime" mode that forces it to stay really really bright when the headlights are on (useful for driving at times you need headlights on but have plenty of ambient light).

4. PriusDreamer

PriusDreamer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, the memory remembers both setting separately. Just sit there with the lights off and set your screen setting than turn the lights on and set your setting. you can confirm the different setting by turning on and off your lights and you will see the brightness etc. are remembered for each.

Good luck. Additionally ,as previously mentioned you can dim the interior lighting for additional flexiblity , i.e.- if on a very dark road.

5. paco-shalom

paco-shalom Veteran Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From the previous posts, you can infer that the Prius can only determine if it is dark or light out by whether you have the headlights on.

My preference is to always have the headlights on, so I simply adjust the dimmer switch from the "locked" daytime position (brightest) to a lower setting at night.

Of course my wishlist for the Prius includes automatic headlights and DRL, but for now, this method works.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paco-shalom @ Sep 6 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]315373[/snapback]</div>
    Canada has that, but not the HID headlights.

7. Zarzoo

Zarzoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can also press the DISPLAY tab on the side of the MFD and push the Day Mode button. Use the Controls at the bottom of the screen to change the screen brightness settings. I always keep my lights on, and I just press the Display button, then Day Mode to toggle Bright for day, and Dark screen at night. The dimmer works as well, but I don't like that option as much.

Hope that helps,
    Zarzoo