1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Display Screen goofiness?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by justkyle, Oct 7, 2010.

1. justkyle

justkyle New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all,

Noticed some display goofiness this morning. I turned the headlights on, but the display was dark, like the car wasn't moving or anything. I assured my son that maybe it just had to "warm up" for I also had the blue radiator logo. After that logo went off, the screen came on and acted like normal.

So, my question is, is this behavior normal, or symptomatic of something going awry with the screen?

Other than that, I have no issues, and am going to the gas station after work today for the first time, and I've been driving it since Tuesday (it didn't have even half a tank when I picked it up.)

Kyle

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Check the display brightness control to the lower left of the dash.

Bob Wilson

1 person likes this.
  3. justkyle

justkyle New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Found it! What does the click (all the way up) position supposed to do? On GM types of cars, that usually turns on all of the internal illumination (dome lights.)

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When you engage the "Click" switch it makes the dash display FULL brightness. It's Very Bright!!!
    It also wll take the map display from the night mode to the daytime mode. It's too brght for me, besides I like the map in Night mode!!!