1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Displaying music type list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tfelder, Mar 28, 2006.

1. tfelder

tfelder New Member

Is it possible to display a list of the types of audio that can be searched on an 06 Prius with the standard audio system?

Thanks

2. slortz

slortz New Member

I think you need to clarify this question but I take a guess and try to answer anyway.
    I have an '04 with the JBL and if I'm guessing correctly that you want to have the MFD display music categories like, Jazz, Blues, R&B, Classical, etc, then the answer is probably "no" unless they've done something new with the '06'es.
    For some radio stations, it displays the name, like KJAZZ 101.3 or whatever, which might help there but not all stations deliver that info.
    Hopefully, someone with an '06 and standard audio can chime in with an answer. :)

3. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 2006 midrange radio/CD player does have a place to display the "Genre" for each song, but only if that was saved into the MP3 file when you record it. I tried to test it a few days ago, when someone else asked about the genre, but I accidently encoded the files as the newest wma file type, which the CD player didn't recognize, so I need to try again.
    What I do is put each MP3 music type into a different folder, and the 2006 will display each of the folders.