1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dissapointing seat covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by godyn, Jul 9, 2007.

1. godyn

godyn New Member

I've just installed my new seat covers, wich I've bought here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02-03-04...78830QQtcZphoto

at 39,99$ plus shipping to Belgium (I can't find any over here???) and taxes, all together must have cost me about 100$ I guess.

The results:

- Frontseats ain't that bad. The headpieces are a bit ridiculous and there's no airbag compatiblity.
    I'll remove that headcover, bwaaak.

- de rearseats, well.. ehm, where shall I begin???
    - not in 2 pieces, so putting the seat down is not possible without loossing the covers.
    - no armrest
    - no holes for the headpieces, no holes for the seatbelts,...
    - and fitting is not the word here...

The fabric is ok, sort of raincoat leather-look, soft and cosy, only allot of rimpels and the sides are in black stretch fabric. I couldn't see that on the ebay pictures.

I did ask these questions, but got no reply or very slow some. I bought and after an angry mail I finaly knew they were shipped. I didn't want to wait any longer, I've been looking so long now or decent seat covers.

It looks very amateuristic, be warned. But I'll think I'll leave them on until I have the courage to buy s.th. new on Ebay. My 2 little girls are a bit messy, so I better leave them there.

Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm planning on buying these, but after I found out that man-made-leather is a leather look-alike also, I'm not sure anymore.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2007-P...1QQcmdZViewItem

2. B Rad

B Rad New Member

[attachmentid=9559]For $39.00 you get something that covers the seats, yours do, so they got you covered. For really good seat covers go to wetokole.com and be prepared to spend a wee bit more, OK. alot more to get alot more.

Attached Files:

3. godyn

godyn New Member

Yes, I see B)
    Is that leather?
    Prices starting from 259 for fron seats and 235 for back.

4. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godyn @ Jul 9 2007, 06:31 PM) [snapback]475809[/snapback]</div>
    It's not leather and I agree that for that price, one would think it was. But it is really the same kind of material that they make "wet suits" with, like in skin diving. Really much better than it sounds. And much better in hot climates than leather. I guess that's not a concern where you live.

5. godyn

godyn New Member

it's getting more and more a concern.
    You know, the heat wave in 2003 was a disaster in Europe, France and Belgium.
    So I could use a cool-bottom :D