1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Distance until empty guage???

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Rbrownaz, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Rbrownaz

Rbrownaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am new owner of 2007 Prius and was wondering if there is a "distance until empty" guage anywhere that I've missed? The model I have is fully loaded but haven't seen this particular guage anywhere. Don't plan on running the gas that low in general, just curious.

Thank you!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no. not until 2010 gen III. don't ask me why. oh, okay, go ahead and ask, but i have no idea.:p my wifes 08 hycam has it, but my 08 prius didn't.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Distance till empty when the last mark is blinking on a Gen2 means "get to nearest gas station now" You can do damage to your car if you run out of gas and keep driving on battery power only. Also if you run out of gas on the side of the road gas you're gonna need to haul 3 gallons of gas back to you car not just 1 gallon to get everything working again. On Gen1 running out of gas was way more problematic than on gen2 but this car is still not the kind of car you ever want to run any where near empty, especially because you have a flexible bladder gas tank, which has a bunch of issues of its own when it gets drained too far.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There isn't one. Presumably the flexible bladder inside the fuel tank makes the amount of available fuel remaining too uncertain.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    On the 2010 the MTE is far from accurate.