1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diy Fix bad smell ac

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by alexxxx, Aug 6, 2013.

1. alexxxx

alexxxx New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a gym sock smell everytime I turn on the ac. I'm going to stop by Toyota dealership today and buy that foam that cleans mildew and mold from the ac system. Where do I inject the stuff? Is there a diy? Or a step by step process?

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2 ways. One I have yet to try but will next time. There's a post here (search) where the OP found if you pull up the carpet on the left hand side of the passenger footwell you will see the little black condensate drip hose. The hose you inject the foam back up to. Pull that hose into the cabin and inject the foam there. Need a recovery drip pan. I have never done that way. Be careful don't pull the hose out of the evap box. Oh man you'll be screwed then.
    Other way is to jack the car up. Real high becasue you have to be able to get to the hose. Its about 2 feet in from the back of the pass side tire. Its hard to see unless right under it as it only protrudes out of the underside about 2 inches.
    Outside is best only because you can let it all drip back out on the ground. Its just soap. It may be messy inside the car. Let us know how it went. If its easy I will do it that way next time. Oh and don't use the perfume can. It really stinks.