1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DIY Garage Utility Vinyl Mat Flooring on 4th Gen 2019 Prius LE

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by solarflash34, Aug 20, 2024 at 6:13 PM.

Tags:
  1. solarflash34

solarflash34 New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Finally installed garage utility vinyl mat flooring on my 4th gen 2019 Prius LE though you can do this to practically any car. I've been wanting to do this for yeeears! I got the roll for $80 (tax included) at Lowe's. lowesdawtcom/pd/Dimex-3-ft-x-20-ft-Black-Rectangular-Indoor-Utility-Mat/5014855475 IMHO it's better and cheaper than custom 3D floor mats (eg WeatherTech, MAXpider, LLoyd, Husky Liners WeatherBeater, etc) though it does take a lot more time to install.

More details:
    -The roll is 3ft wide so I had to cut three pieces. Installed in this order: 1) One for the driver front side rolling to the rear, 2) another for the passenger front side rolling to the rear and 3) another rolling across the rear.

-I installed the rear mat a little complicated but I really wanted to minimize dirt going down to the carpet along the edges. Refer to the attached picture: "A" tucked front liners under rear liner. "B" tucked rear liner under driver front liner. "C" You can't really tell from the pictures but I tucked at least 6 inches of mat under the vent to make sure the vents weren't obstructed. "D" tucked about a foot of front liner under the rear liner.

-Take your time! You can't undo a cut. I found out the liner moves as you work with it and also after you install it and start using it. After a few days it became "untucked" along the passenger front door side panel. So I used a hole puncher to punch a couple of holes along the edge of the liner there, then I zip tied each of those to the nearest cable clips there, reinstalled the panel and the liner has stayed tucked nicely there.

- Underneath the passenger seat there is a panel attached to the carpet that says 'VIN." If you pop that panel out, you can see the VIN of the car etched into the frame there. I wish I wouldn't have cut the vinyl flooring there to allow access to that panel because that's another spot were dirt can get into the carpet of the car. I'm going zip tie it to close it (then put some black duct tape over that?).

image backup at: imgurdawtcom/a/m4YnAhl

Attached Files:

• 00.jpg
      00.jpg
      File size:
      232.6 KB
      Views:
    • 01.jpeg
      01.jpeg
      File size:
      240.1 KB
      Views: