1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DNX7160 with camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Sigo, May 22, 2011.

1. Sigo

Sigo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Geting ready to install a Kenwood DNX7160 with a backup camera (the Camry 09 one from eBay). Got almost all of it figured out and have most of it wired but need a little assitance on wiring the camera. The deck has a harness that has camera+, camera-, relay 1, and relay 2. The camera has the RCA video feed plus what I assume is + and ground. Would ask that anyone who has knowledge of wiring up this configuration to please weigh in with some guidance. Thanks.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wired in my Pioneer so take this with a grain of salt...

I tapped into one of the tail lights reverse wire and ran that forward. It was + 12v which the HU reverse trigger wanted. I would assume this is what you would connect to camera +. Have no idea what the "relay" stuff refers to.

Good luck...

1 person likes this.
  3. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As Spidy says - you don't need the factory power for the cam. You can easily tap the + power (red wire on the cam) at the wiper connector (rear) - from memory, the blue wire is accessory power (easy to use a Radio Shack wire tap), I then ran the rear reverse wire from the rear lamp (drivers side - again - Radio Shack wire tap - though it was hard to get on because the wire is tight)- to the head unit..........

Spidy - not sure if you have been looking but the Pioneers are now getting hacked!!!We are close to something really cool (avic411.com F series hack forum - good for all the latest Pioneers including Z)...

1 person likes this.
  4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four