1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do 2019 and beyond only have one glove box and no back compartment under storage for AWD?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by WBLY, Sep 14, 2022.

1. WBLY

WBLY New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I checked out a used 2019 AWD. I see some of my favorite features are missing. The top/2nd glove box. The compartments under the rear storage space including the left "side" pocket. Do all newer prius's have these deficiencies?

It looks like I could remove some of the foam under the rear top panel and gain a little space in the AWD version. I'd have to take an old spare with me on long trips too :/

This is extremely unattractive for me and I'm re-thinking getting a new prius because of it.

2. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Yeah the current generation (2016-present) prius is lacking in storage cubbies. Even in the non AWD models the space under the hatch is filled with foam. On trims without spare tires (which is all but 1 at this point) they fill that empty space with thicker foam blocks. You can fit a space saver donut in there but you'd either need to buy replacement foam ($$$) or jigsaw the foam to fit it. The AWD models use the wheel well for the AWD components. All current gen glove boxes are the same. The center console and glove box are both really small.

Mendel Leisk and Tideland Prius like this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Which is just weird.