1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do all 2004+ Prius have 2 yellow stickers above top grille in engine bay (pictures inside)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by exbauer, Jan 24, 2010.

1. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am looking to buy a used 2007-2008 Toyota Prius and had a question. I bought a 2008 and 2009 new at the dealer and they had these 2 stickers on the top grille in the engine bay. I wanted to make sure that the people that bought a 2004+ new from the dealer also had these stickers. I am concerned that the ones that don't have have the sticker have been in a frontal accident and repaired.

This is mainly for people that bought their Prius new from the dealer. Unless you are you purchased a used one and know for sure it was never in a frontal accident. Please answer the poll and let me know if you had these stickers on the top grille in the engine bay.

I have attached a picture of the 2 stickers I am talking about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have them on my 2006.

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those stickers are on every new Prius. Aint that hood a beauty?

4. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I figured that much. I just wanted to make sure. It's an easy sign if the car has been in a front accident.

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The stickers should be present only if the car in question has HID headlights. Note the corresponding yellow stickers on the headlamp assemblies. All four stickers provide warning that high voltage exists in the headlamp assemblies (20 KV, BTW.)

It is possible to order replacement warning stickers. If you are concerned about the presence of accident damage, look for the VIN stickers that are on all major body panels (such as front fenders, rear fenders, front and rear bumpers, doors, hatch and hood.)

6. ronhowell

ronhowell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Those appear to be the caution stickers referring to the need to de-energise the car electrical circuits, i.e. making sure the car is OFF before working under the hood.

On my 2008 Prius, there is only one such sticker, and it's under the front lip of the hood on the RHS, not the location you show.

7. direstraits71

direstraits71 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No stickers present on my 2008 which I purchased new in July 2008.

8. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, so it seems to be different for cars with or without HID headlights. I had HID headlights so I had both of them. I no longer have the cars, so I cannot go out and check.

So, if you don't have HID headlights then there is a sticker on the underside of the hood. Can anyone please take a picture of it?

If you have HID headlights then you have the 2 stickers in the picture correct?

9. direstraits71

direstraits71 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Here's the pictures from my 2008.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  10. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, I am looking to purchase a Prius and it doesn't have to be local. So, this makes it easier to have the salesman to look for the stickers on the appropriate car. The Carfax doesn't always tell everything.