1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do dealers do inter-region trades?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by RebelScum, Jun 24, 2009.

1. RebelScum

RebelScum New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Given that certain regions have restrictions on what they are normally receiving and what configs you can build on toyota.com, I was wondering if dealers regularly trade with other dealers outside their region.

I'm in Northern VA, and looking for a 2010 Package III (1225) with Solar Roof, in Blue Ribbon Metallic, Dark Gray interior. Unfortunately, my region doesn't normally offer that configuration. The dealer I've been working with has said they are ordering it for me, but they don't know how long it will take. I know from looking at the inventory on toyota.com that the Southeast region has one just like this available immediately. What are the chances one of those dealers could do a trade with my dealer up here (Koons Tyson's Toyota)?

Anyway, if any of you work for a dealer that has this specific car, and could do a trade with Koons, please let me know. Alternatively, if you are close enough, I might be willing to drive to you. I'm thinking NC, or OH, ideally not much further than that (again, I'm in Northern VA, zip 22042).

2. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    The Prius is selling so fast I doubt your dealer will find aonther dealer close by with your car that is willing to trade.

The best thing you can do is shop some dealer websites and when you find one, do the deal over the phone and go get it.

3. RebelScum

RebelScum New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well, thanks for the reply, but that doesn't really answer my question.

4. jonathandz

jonathandz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I do not know about inter-region trades, but it seems like it'd be easiest to just drive to a dealership if you can find the car you want and the price is right!

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I doubt they do trades with different regions since the 2 cars would be on different ships and dealers like to trade cars while they are on the ship

6. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes they do - at least they did when I bought mine. A number of offers I had were coming from other dealers and the car I bought was driven from a dealer in Syracuse to Buffalo where I picked it up. Be prepared to pay ~$100 - 150 extra for it.

7. jonathandz

jonathandz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I doubt Syracuse to Buffalo is a different region, considering the Southeast region covers several states. And wow, I wouldn't pay an extra fee for dealers to trade cars.

8. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Inter-regional trades vary rarely happen. Can they? Yes. But with limited regions. For instance, The Chicago region can only trade with the Cincinnati and KC regions currently. I seriously doubt the SET region will let go of any of their cars.

Intra-region trades are common and happen all the time.