1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do I have a 2007 Touring model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by J_w73, Sep 23, 2009.

1. J_w73

J_w73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have searched the threads and cant get a definite answer. Just bought a used 2007 prius that was marketed to me as Touring.
    After doing some research on the car I had questions as to whether or not it is a Touring model
    1st clue that made me think it wasn't Touring is it has 15in tires on it. I haven't checked the rim to make sure they somehow but a 15 in tire on a 16 in rim.

I'm pretty sure that I have package #5 as I have everything but the leather -no sunroof either.. not sure if that is an option.

saw the thread about the shocks in the back.. my shocks have blue top , pink bottom... from what I have read that is base model shocks

The sway bar in the back has a pink stripe on it.

I can't tell if I have a bigger spoiler.. going to the dealer to compare..

If I do have a base model what do you think my recourse is. I looked in my folder of paperwork and they didn't give me the actual used car sticker that had all the info like I had asked for but I do have the two warranty flyers.. just an oversite or left out on purpose??

I have printed out and saved their craigslist ad and another website ad that shows the vin number and has it listed as a Touring Prius.

Are there markings on the front suspension parts.. other ways to tell if I have the tuned suspension..

any other ways to tell for sure??

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are other markings on the suspension -- the sway bars (but I don't know what those markings are) and rear springs (I think the rear springs on the Standard/Base model have a green marking while the Touring Edition rear springs have a blue marking).

But what over evidence do you need? 15" tires and the blue and red striped rear shocks are enough to convince me that you have a Standard/Base model and NOT a Touring Edition.

3. J_w73

J_w73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    just got back from a different dealer and had them print me out the vehicle inquiry report. It shows a model 1224C.. which I believe is a base.. I think 1226 is the touring.. can anyone confirm this..

Also HID and fog was an option.. I believe this is standard on the Touring.

also .. what does the C signify..

I called the actual dealer and asked if they could get me the sales sticker that was on the window. They are going to try to round it up.. I'm pretty sure it said Touring.. so hopefully it still does when/if they get it to me.

Anyone have any idea what I should ask for from them .. parts added to make it touring?... money compensation?.. I'm not in the mood to haggle with them.. either they give me what I want the first time or I'm going to small claims court..
    The difference on Edmunds true-market value is about $1000.. about 400 on kbb.. Edmunds is more true to the real world..
    I think I have a pretty good case.. especially being in California where everything is usually full disclosure..
    Only thing I can see going against me is I got the car for $20242 and edmunds still has it at $21779.. so I guess I got a good deal still.. but I thought I was getting and haggling on a price for a Touring.

They also misrepresented the satellite radio saying that it was ready for sirius or xm .. I just had to call and activate a subscription.. I think that will be hard to prove as nothing is in writing anywhere.. just my girlfriend and I hearing the salesperson say it. It did influence my decision to buy though.

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For 2007 there were two model #'s:

-- 1224 Base/Standard

-- 1226 Touring Edition

(For 2008 and 2009 they added model # 1220 which was a stripped model with no wheel trim rings, no front seatback pockets, no cargo cover, no cruise control, no heated side mirrors)

I don't know what the "C" stands for in your "1224C", but you definitely have a Base/Standard Prius.

The Touring Edition had these added features as standard equipment:

-- 16" wheels with full wheel covers and Bridgestone Turanza 195/55R16 tires.

-- Larger rear spoiler

-- Wider front and rear stabilizer/sway bars

-- Different rear shocks and springs

-- HID headlamps and front fog lights (but these also came on the Base/Standard Prius in the higher option packages)

I don't know what your best remedies are, but good luck.