1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do I have the right to cancel dealer add-ons after 2 days?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Swirl_y, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Swirl_y

Swirl_y New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I bought a Prius on Sat., Jan. 14 and after research, decided I didn't want the PermaPlate (exterior only) and the finance rep at the dealership said I can't cancel it.

Is this legal? Do I have the right to cancel? I couldn't find any information online.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Swirl_y

Swirl_y New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    UPDATE! Good news.

I negotiated with the dealer and they're giving me credit towards parts, service and accessories. So that's fair. Thanks, everyone.

3. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My car had "Rustproofing & Paint Protection" applied by the dealer prior to being put up for sale. I said I did not want it and I was not going to pay for it they could not take it off so they said I would not get the associated warranties for those two treatments and the charges were removed. Your rights and legalities vary by your jurisdiction. If you signed for it but did not take possession of the auto the deal can usually be undone. If your happy with the dealers offer thats all that matters. Enjoy your Prius!