1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do it Yourself Change out of Non-HID Headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jgod12, Mar 13, 2012.

1. jgod12

jgod12 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I successfully changed out my non-HID headlights without having to remove the bumper. However, it was a nightmare, my hands are sore and cut up from some sharp metal pieces and the most challenging headlight to remove and replace was the passenger side. Another difficult part was wedging my hand into the space where I had to remove the air intake and plastic front cover. The weather piece that surronds the lamp is difficult to remove once you even unlock it. If you attempt this task, take your time to slowly work the weather piece off the lamp so it doesn't tear. The effort was well worth it, I can see much better on the road this morning. I used a aftermarket product from Sylvania. In all, I had it done in 1.5 hours.

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    congrats on your DIY efforts paying off, now all you have to do is align them, the non-HIDs are aimed manually, you can probably find a thread here or a youtube video to help you do it properly.

3. Cory151

Cory151 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are the parking lights any easier?