1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do not pay full price or a toyota extended arranty or prepaid maintenance

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by barrysegal, Mar 21, 2011.

1. barrysegal

barrysegal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I purchased an extended warranty and a prepaid mainteance on my 2011 Prius. A few weeks later I found Toyota dealers out of state selling the same enxtended warranty and prepaid maintenance for almost 1/2 price. The 6 year 100K miles extended warranty which I paid $1650 for is $854 and the prepaid mainteance which I paid $1650 for cost $980.
    Once I discovered this I called Toyota Finance and cancelled both policies. I was told that if I show that I paid separate that they would cut me a check and since I paid for one with my AMEX card for $1650 (and faxed them the proof) they assured me that a check would be sent and the other $1650 would have to be put back into my loan toward the principal loan amount. Soon after, I received many calls from Toyota Finance apologizing saying that they made a mistake and would ONLY give me $3300 back to my Prius loan as principal loan amount. While having numerous calls regarding this I received a check for $1650 for the cancellation of one of my policies so I deposited it. A few days later the bank contacted me to inform me that Toyota Finance have made a stop payment on the check. Why.....I Have NO IDEA! So I incurred a $12 fee for the stop payment fee. The final conversation with Toyota was with both the dealer and Toyota Finance since they both told me that it was the others responsibility and they told me that I would ONLY have the option to receive the full amlount of the cancelled policies placed back in the loan towards the principal amount owed. I called back and spoke to a Supervisor and again proved that I paid a separate payment of $1650 and he said that he would attempt to provide me with a check as a refund for one of the cancelled policies. Still waiting.
    Toyota is horrible when it comes to customer service. As the customer I should have only 1 Toyota representing both dealer and corporate, but instead they mad me go after each other. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    After complaining about the cancelled check fee I finally received a check today for the $12 fee charged to my account. Imagine this...if I am real lucky I will recive a check for 1 cancelled policy for $1650 which is he same as I originally received, but maybe this check will clear.
    Moral of the story....Toyota customer service has something to be desired and if you want to purchase a discounted actual Toyota Extended Warranty or prepaid Maintenance contact me or just browse the web for discounted Toyota warranty or discounted Toyota Prepaid Maintenance. Thanks for reading my rant....I hope you learn from my experience.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Live and learn, but the real lesson is: don't buy *any* extended warranty or prepaid maintenance contract. They are both a waste of money.