1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you believe in the second coming for 2007?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Apr 30, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-1...edictions_x.htm

Just heard this on the Bill Maher show and didn't believe it, but lo and behold. Anyone who really believes this shouldn't be able to vote. I wonder where Dubya would fall in this poll.

2. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have seen the light, I think.

[attachmentid=7756]

Attached Files:

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Christians have been predicting the imminent second coming ever since Jesus died. There has never been a day, in the history of Christianity, when some group of Christians has not been predicting the second coming very soon. Jesus did not say that he was the christ, but he did claim that the end would come within his generation. And long before Jesus (perhaps thousands of years) people were more or less constantly predicting the end of the world.

It's a popular belief, which did not originate with Christianity, but which has been a staple of Christianity from the time of Jesus's death right up to the present.

To answer your question: No, I do not believe in the second coming, either in 2007, or ever.

4. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Even worse would be to have voted for Bush twice. Now those clearly can't vote anymore.

Note: Meant as a joke.

5. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My best friend from high school, who I rarely speak with, sent me a link out of the blue last week to a website that listed a woman's "visions" of the second coming. I'm not sure why she sent it to me, but one of the "visions" this woman has is that 2007 is the year of the second coming, and for those who believe it, there is much rejoicing.

My best friend apparently believes it.

I certainly don't. However, it's spooky that so many people believe such things.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Apr 30 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]432545[/snapback]</div>
    Oh yeah?! Well I saw a 900 ' Jesus flying over Tulsa Ok...... :lol: :lol:

oh wait that was oral roberts.... B)

I believe god will return however I do not believe in the predictions...... <_<

7. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Apr 30 2007, 10:57 AM) [snapback]432550[/snapback]</div>
    Not even this one?

"Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power." Mark 9:1

JC c. 33 AD

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Come on! Everyone knows the world ended with Y2K!

9. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Christ returned in 1947 and established His kingdom on Earth on an almond ranch outside Pescadero, California. Everywhere else is Satan's playground, wherein we await Judgment Day 940 years hence.

10. ozyran

ozyran New Member

According to this guy, he is the Second Coming!

Seriously, though, "For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many." (Matt 24:5) and also, "22Then he said to his disciples, "The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. 23Men will tell you, 'There he is!' or 'Here he is!' Do not go running off after them. 24For the Son of Man in his day will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other." (Luke 17:22-24)

I have my doubts that it will be this year. Or next year. Or even the year after that. It's coming, but no one can predict it: "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come."(Matt 24:42)
    I take that to mean the year as well.

Sorry to go on like this, I am passionate about the subject :D

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

To each, her own...I suppose...

12. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You have to have a 1st coming before you can have a 2nd coming. ;)

13. km5er

km5er New Member

The only thing that you can be sure of that is coming is higher taxes and death. Everything else is just a guess!

14. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I believe god says that he / she already destroyed the earth twice, once by flood - the other by famine? something like that. The rainbow at the end of the flood was his or her sign that he / she would promise not to do it again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the next time will be by fire.

Jesus came to earth, not to bring peace, but to bring the sword. look it up. (i'm sure somebody will post a link, verse, whatever)

The end of this world comes every day for people who die. period.

My mother in law died in september, my dad died in january, and yesterday i went to my cousins funeral who ended his life after years and years of suffering with lupus, kidney transplants, dialysis, diabetes and blindness. he was 59. The church service was moving , uplifting, sad, and tearful. The end of the world came last tuesday for him.

A giant asteroid could geo-smack the planet with all out hellishness not seen on earth since a giant rock killed the dinosaurs.

Who knows when the second coming of Christ will be, If he decides to appear in the middle east, may he be cautious, there are a lot of bearded weirdos over there making life tough for the masses. The end of the world has come for 6,000 plus Americans, 3,000 on 9/11 and 3,300+ from the war. Way too much end of the world stuff.