1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you ever feel like whatever you do... they're still gonna try to make you pay.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amm0bob, Feb 10, 2010.

1. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A totally non-political observation...
    Tonight the frau and I were able to get Chase to bring us out the refi papers for our only mortgage...

We told em we were going to get another note with a lower rate, and they said they would sell us a new note for about $1000 and no points...

We told em No Thank You... we'll look elsewhere.

We haven't really gone anywhere yet with the holidays and all that has been going on with the hospital and stuff but the looking I have done didn't locate me anyone for no fees and no points (I know I know, pie in the sky stuff, but if you don't ask, you don't get the pony).

Last week, Chase called and said they are willing to go with a no fee, no points refi for a lower rate.

Anyways, tonight the rep from Chase came to notarize the new promissory note on the balance of the mortgage, for 5% and no points.

After it was all done, I had some fees I think... the fees were for the notary and the Title Insurance... it was for less than $220 all totaled... new 30 year note with a lower rate (1.75 less) with no increase in amount... which means no increase in property taxes for me too.

The frau says "Don't you go and start a mess Jr... we're saving money, and you don't want them to stop lending you their money if you want some more of it later."

Now go to bed and wait till I tell you we need some more Jr...
    I swear to fricken almighty my universe wants me gagged and shackled...

[​IMG]
    And there's always tomorrow Jr...
    You never know what that freaking brings, BOY HOWDY.

See, I told ya...

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried a Credit Union? It's well known that Chase and other large banks have been using fees to drive their top line.

3. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

I'm a member of two of them... so yes... still got a better rate with Chase.